Bioinformatics is one of NOVEL's core competencies and has been part of the company's portfolio since its foundation. Our bioinformatics specialists successfully solve problems related to genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, analysis of multi-omics data, work with sequencing data from almost all popular sequencing platforms, are engaged in algorithmic and theoretical bioinformatics, create and implement biomedical data processing algorithms.
The team carries out many projects in the field of applied bioinformatics, in collaboration with clients, generating a large number of articles published in the world's leading journals. We actively apply modern approaches to data analysis, including the methods of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. A number of software products have been developed by our company during the course of the business.
Traditional topics for the bioinformatics team are tasks related to:
- analysis of genetic variants in medical genetics,
- profiling the expression of RNA in tissues and single cells,
- analysis of structural variations of the human genome,
- analysis and processing of mass-spectrometric profiling data of biological tissues,
- creation and analysis of gene networks,
- assembly and analysis of genomes and transcriptomes of various organisms,
- phylogenetic analysis,
- metagenomic research.
The team regularly participates in specialized conferences, makes presentations on new developments and organizes workshops to discuss new results. We cooperate with biomedical specialists of various profiles and applied fields. Our young employees successfully give presentations at student conferences and competitions.